About Spectrum Brands
Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce is manufactured by Spectrum Brands, which is a global company providing a wide range of consumer products such as personal care products, home and garden pest control pesticides, personal insect repellents and small household appliances. The main reason why the company is in business is to meet the need of all worldwide consumers, by treating them to a broad of well known, market- leading and widely trusted products. Though the company hails from America where it has established many offices, Spectrum brand has a number of worldwide headquarters in Europe, Latin America and Asia. It was started in the 1990’s.
Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce has a number of ingredients which explain why it is an effective bed bugs spray. Here are some of its active ingredients.
Pyrethrins these are natural organic compounds which have potent insecticidal activity. These compounds have the ability to kills bedbugs together with their eggs. Nevertheless, these compounds aren’t safe for humans which serve as an explanation why it is recommended you keep this bed bug spray out of reach of your children.
Piperonyl Butoxide- this is a synergist which is used for making a variety of pest control pesticide. It is used along with other chemicals used for manufacturing a variety of pesticides and it doesn’t dissolve in water. Due to its liquid nature, it has the ability to penetrate to hidden areas where bed normally lay their egg and destroy them all. Piperonyl Butoxide is also poisonous and shouldn’t therefore come into contact with humans.
- Water based
- Kills bedbugs on contact
- Has a rotatable nozzle which can spray a wide area and in small crevices
- Certified by united States Environmental Protection Agency
- Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce contains no CFC’s and other types of ozone depleting substances which are prohibited by Federal regulations.
Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce comes in a spraying container. Please follow these instructions when using this bed bug spray
- Shake it well prior to using it.
- With the Nozzle of the container pointed in a different direction from you, hold the container upright.
- Press the nozzle downwards and spray according to the direction outlined on the spray guide.
- Spray the surfaces perceived to be having bedbugs until they are wet. In order to prevent excessive wetting and wastage of the bed bug spray, move the nozzle rapidly while spraying.
Note: It is recommended you use this spray with other bed bug killing tactics to ensure you eradicate the pests to certain.
User Views and Recommendations
According to customer reviews of Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce, one of the users who described bedbugs as a real menace in his home noted that that “I applied Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce yesterday and woke up the following day without a single bed bug bite” said the user.
Another user noted that she had used other bed bug sprays before but they all had little effect. “After I tried Raid Bed Bug and Flea Killer, 17.5 Ounce, there was a remarkable decrease in bedbugs” said the user. She also liked the nozzle since she was able to spray a wide area and inside small crevices.